A Londoner in Kuwait

Thursday, December 10, 2015


Hey squaddies!
Don’t you ever just take a step back and think of some of the things you have done over the past few years and then go OMG I had so much fun, let’s do it all over again!

So let me take you through my journey….. I moved to Kuwait two years ago to work in a fashion buying role for a new luxury retailer. After having over six years experience in budget, high street, and designer retailers it was time for my latest adventure to work in a multi brand luxury womenswear in a new country, on a new continent with new possibilities!

Until now, every time I get homesick I just look out of the window and see the opposite of what I was used to in the UK - the sun shining, no rain and that makes it all better! Working in fashion has always interested me, ever since I was in college reading my first copies of fashion magazines and industry magazines (drapers record) and looking up the companies and business' behind the scenes! Having lived in NY for six months I was somewhat prepared for living far away from home, but still, the Middle East is a whole different ballgame. I bought my first pair of Jimmy Choos here and that’s just a fraction of it all!

Maria Grachvogel Event March 2014

I am so lucky to have had some amazing fashion experiences whilst here! Some of the highlights include helping out with a fashion show at the Prestige Ballroom in Avenues for British designer Maria Grachvogel, who I was lucky enough to get to know and meet during her stay! I went to the Alexander Wang  x HM and Balmain x HM previews both which were so exciting to the lead up to the actual release of the collections! My all-time favorite high was when I went to the launch of Sarah Jessica Parker footwear collection at Harvey Nichols Kuwait I was amazed that she reposted a picture that my friend took of us from that day (4,517 likes and counting)!

Alexander Wang X HM Launch Preview 2014

One of my favorite quotes is "fashion is about dreaming and making other people dream!" For anyone starting out and looking to work in fashion or working abroad I highly recommend it! There are a lot of possibilities out there and if you are passionate about something creative it is really worth pursuing.  

SJP Event Repost by Sarah Jessica Parker


You Might Also Like

0 comments