My Dazzling Dubai

Wednesday, December 23, 2015


Hey squaddies!

First off, I would like to say thank you to Tina & Pooja for letting me guest blog and featuring me as their squaddie of the week.
Now onto my fashionable (and dare I reveal romantic) weekend in DUBAAIII! I don’t care what anyone says... I love Dubai. Part Las Vegas, part Arabian nights, all glitz and glamour! I have had the pleasure of staying in several hotels and self-catered apartments over the course of many Dubai escapades. However, this was my first proper tour around DIFC and first stay at the swanky Ritz Carlton for a destination wedding. Surrounded by mirrored office blocks and complexes, amidst the dizzying heights of a concrete jungle, lies an ultra luxe retreat. Right from check in, we were treated like absolute royalty. I was impressed with their lavish decorations to celebrate the festive season. Famished after traveling, we stopped for a quick bite at the Cafe Belge, reminiscent of a chic Parisian bistro. Then it was off to Jetty Lounge, an elegant beach side bar with a sophisticated vibe, at the One and Only for welcome drinks.  
One of our favourite restaurants in Dubai has to be without a doubt, Zuma. Everything every time is consistently impeccable! And to top it all off they have sake connoisseurs, yes ladies and gentlemen. What a difference sake makes to the Japanese dining experience; like wine to French or Italian cuisine. Feeling quite stuffed, we decided to go for a walk and explore the grounds of DIFC. The lighting was absolutely perfect for an impromptu shoot, bouncing off all the walkways and towers. The Gate was simply glistening! I also thought the green foliage contrasted so perfectly against the metallics of the granite and skyscrapers.
Totally caught up in the moment, I joked to my partner how he was such a patient and sweet Instagram husband. What's an Instagram husband? Click here! Before I knew it, he was down on one knee, with the most exquisite ring, and casually replied, ‘would you like to make that official?’ My jaw dropped! Stumped for words, I was mesmerized by the stunning 2 carat sparkle... I think I finally managed a squeaky yes! We skipped off back to our hotel and called for the champagne. With our friends’ wedding being the following day, we didn’t want to steal their thunder. But it was difficult to hide our excitement! We danced and partied well into the wee hours of the night, gleefully celebrating our own milestone along with theirs.

You Might Also Like

0 comments