Travel diaries: Istanbul

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hey squaddies!
Istanbul is the only city in the world nested on two continents, Europe and Asia. It was historically known as Byzantium and Constantinople, nowadays is a modern and vibrant city offering an abundance of historical attractions and amazing local eats. After exploring the city for a few weeks I would like to share a snippet of my travel diary with you guys. If you’ve never been to Istanbul then it is definitely a destination that you should add on your bucket list. There’s so much to see, do and eat. Here are a few of my favorites: The Sultan Ahmed Mosque or more commonly known as the Blue Mosque for its decorative blue tiles was stunning.
The Hagia Sophia, built in the 6th century by the Byzantine emperor Justinian the Great, was originally a church, later a mosque and now is a museum is definitely a must see!

The Basilica Cistern, an underground waterway which was once primarily used to serve water to the Byzantine Palace. Don't miss the Medusa heads in the back, so awesome!

There are so many cute neighborhoods in Istanbul but I find myself gravitating towards Cihangir on the daily, it's also where I'm staying for my time here. A neighborhood in Beyoğlu, it reminds me of Brooklyn, specifically Williamsburg! It's artsy and has a boho vibe, the streets are narrow and vibrant and lined with greenery, there are tons of great cafes, coffee shops, cocktail bars and even vintage shops what make could a girl ask for?! I could go on and on but here are the spots I frequent the most: Kronotrop, a coffee shop with great coffee with a hipster-ish vibes (hipsters with staches included!)
Turkish breakfast is a must and my favorite spot is Van Kahvalti Evi, SO good!
After walking through a long dodgy hallway you're rewarded with a serene secret garden at Limonlu Bahce, a nice hideaway from the hustle of and bustle of the city.



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Nice Inspirations

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    www.rimanerenellamemoria.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We will definitely check out your blog, feel free to contact with us on Instagram as well :)

      Delete