SS16 Doha fashion week

Friday, May 20, 2016

Hey squaddies!
 After an exciting three day affair, Doha fashion week is over! I had the pleasure of attending all the fashion shows to see the collections of at least six designers per evening. The event showcased designers from Middle East, India, Pakistan and a few multi national contemporary brands too - all directed by the talented Rahat Mansoor. I have never seen so many shows in one sitting but there were a few designers which really stood out for me. As a whole, there was a really fabulous display of the SS16 trends such as the off-shoulder look, dramatic capes, sheer fabrics, bold colours, sparkle and shine, asymmetric cuts and of course ruffles galore!
I wore a sport luxe look on the first day mixing a white sporty DKNY dress with a shiny blazer from the H&M Studio SS15 collection. Day two had to be my white and blue elegant floral dress by Indian brand Saina paired up with Ruthie Davis platform pumps which I actually wore again on the last day with a batik African printed skirt and white top.

The designers which stood out to me were the Indian designers; Neeta Lulla and Samant Chauhan, their collections featured contemporary Indianwear in bright bold colours and embroidery. There was the talented emerging Qatari designer Malia Bennett Henry with a crisp white collection. The last day was my favorite of the three - the grand finale was amazing and featured a large collection by evening-wear designer Sakba from Kuwait. Overall it was a great week, and I loved every minute, can't wait for the next one!


You Might Also Like

0 comments