70's decadence in bustling Mumbai

Hey Squaddies,
Surrounded by the busy streets of Mumbai, sporting a 70's al la Gucci Fall 16 look at the Four Seasons hotel. I couldn't help but pose at the rooftop pool which oozed decadence during the gorgeous sunset whilst channeling my inner geek chic.
It will come as no surprise that I am obsessed with oversized retro style glasses and vintage this season (and possibly every season), think 70's, 80's  and early 90's shapes - I will wear them all! The ones i'm wearing were bought from Zara. Feeling inspired by beautiful ornate brocade pieces on the runway by Prada and Dries Van Noten, I felt that this pyjama style brocade jacket gave that decadent feel to the overall look (from H&M Studio collection). 
The red silk shirt by Equipment is so versatile and comfy whilst exuding a bold statement contrast against the light jacket. Finished off with my favourite Marc by Marc jacobs 70's style silver platform sandals, oh and a chunky black velvet ribbon purchased for mere pennies in the colourful streets of Mumbai. Everytime I think if the 70's trend I feel inspired! I have a feeling that it will certainly be a fall / winter look that I will be glad to revisit this season. 

Comments