Lisbon Luxe: My vacay style at Four Seasons Lisbon

Hey squaddies, I am truly grateful to my dear friends for choosing Portugal for their destination wedding. As a British girl I have been to Spain a few times but wouldn't necessarily have explored Portugal if it hadn't been for the occasion. I shall be writing more about by Lisbon experiences but wanted to start the story with my account of my stay at the Four Seasons which was post-wedding. Everytime I visit a new city I like to make sure that I make some time for some much needed relaxation and pampering but honestly after having three-days of events for the wedding I just needed lazy mornings, immaculate breakfasts and to be attentively looked after.
One can easily see how I fell in love with the city during my stay at the Four Seasons. Located in the heart of Lisbon, I had the most breathtaking view of the city's insta-worthy pastel coloured buildings from my balcony, overall it was the epitome of luxe living. As I arrived into the room, I was greeted with a personalised note, some fruits and beverages but my favourite of all was a plate which had the design of the world famous Tram 28 trainline serving up a local delicacy from Portugal 'pastel de nata' - the custard tart!
As my favourite feature of the hotel, the spa was literally my home for one day! Legend has it that a Portuguese king planted 100 almond trees for his queen because she missed her home in the mountains and he wanted to create the feeling of snow! That story was told to me by my masseuse Janene whilst she was washing and bathing my feet. She explained that this was the inspiration behind the treatment that I had which was the 'Portuguese retreat'. I escaped all thoughts of those late nights and my partied-out body became completely balanced after Janene had carried out the full body spa treatment on me! The smell of rose petals and almond took over as I experienced this luxury treatment which left my body feeling smooth, soft and completely stress free!
I have been a huge lover of art since an early age, I often seek inspiration for my looks in historical artwork and colour stories. One of the most endearing features of the hotel included having an outstanding collection of art pieces and ornaments throughout the hotel. I think it is worth mentioning the sound of the piano as you walk along the lobby to take a look around whilst also gazing at the two huge flower displays that look and smell divine! Those of you who may have watched my instagram stories would have seen when they had the florists change the flowers in the morning! Totally lush!
I would recommend Lisbon as a cool city escape and it goes without saying that if you are looking for something more indulgent, the Four Seasons is where you will find it! Thank you for reading my vacay style blog and if you want to know more about my stay, please feel free to leave a comment. Stay tuned for more, I shall be publishing my Lisbon street style notes next.
A HUGE thank you to the Four Seasons Lisbon for hosting me. Please note that the thoughts on this blog are entirely my own.

Comments

  1. My dear! I loved every word of this post! You really are an inspiration with your style but you also know how to tell a story.
    Let me tell you again: I need all your wardrobe!!! So stylish, so perfect, loveeeee it!
    So sad we couldn't meet this time but I'm sure it will happen other time.
    Keep the good work, can't wait for more!
    Love,
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment