London Fashion Week Diary: Spring/ Summer 2018

Hey squaddies, I was lucky enough to go back to London to see the exciting Spring/ Summer 2018 shows. In the spirit of fashion month, here is a rundown of my schedule during my first time going to London Fashion Week. The fashion hub which I can proudly call home is where I developed my early taste in fashion and style whilst growing up. I have put together my diary of where I went, who I saw and more importantly what I wore during the shows! Over the course of five days I saw the coolest shows and presentations of some of my favourite London based designers. I saw every colour of hair possible and was treated like a star! 
Malone Souliers SS18 Presentation
Photo Credits: Malone Souliers 
LFW DAY 1 
SHOWS: Fyodor Golan, Amira Haroon and Amesh
LOCATION: Somerset House and Freemasons Hall
WIW (what I wore): 'Tartan Rebelle' which was inspired by the tartan and checks trend and feels very fall-winter. This particular outfit was inspired by style icon Nadia Fairfax. I just love layering so I added a knitted vest on top of a white shirt to make the bottle green colours stand out. 
OUTFIT: Shirt: Ralph Lauren | Knitted vest: Urban Outfitters | Skirt: Vintage | Velvet boots: Topshop | Handbag: Tanner Krolle | Choker: Reserved
MY FAVOURITE SHOW: Fyodor Golan was my favorite of the day, simply the most exciting showcase of sport luxe, slogans and exaggerated silhouettes. This season the brand had collaborated with Chupa Chups for their 60th anniversary and you can see the references within the colour schemes and the use of the logo! The collection highlights for me included the high/low hemlines, the use of metallics and 3D-like sculpting shapes creating the most unusual pieces! 
Fyodor Golan SS18 Show
Photo Credits: Catwalking.com
LFW DAY 3
SHOWS: Malone Souliers, Holly Fulton, House of MEA
LOCATION: Hay Hill, Carlton House Terrace, Freemasons Hall
WIW: 'Paint the town' red because it is the colour of the season! Inspired by Givenchy and Fendi fall collections but without paying the price!
OUTFIT: Hat: H&M | Shirt: Equipment | Trouser: Reserved | Handbag: Marie DeLaRoche | Boots: River Island | Belt: Urban Outfitters
MY FAVOURITE SHOWS: Malone Souliers was the most exciting presentation, like walking into a dark woodlands where you would need a torch if there weren't dazzling pieces piercing through the darkness! It was an instagram heaven with the DJ playing the freshest beats, the champagne flowing and moreish hors d'oeuvres. To top it all off I met the beautiful instagram royalty Victoria from @inthefrow as we both had a coffee before the presentation, which happened to be in the same place! Holly Fulton was an equally exciting presentation - from the ceiling to the floor there were amazing art deco pieces from rugs to chandeliers. The outfits were totally 60's and I was majorly inspired by the Manolos worn with jewelled socks! Not forgetting my love of those cool headpieces, I feel a DIY coming on soon!
Photo Credits: Ann Marie Haynes
Holly Fulton SS18 Presentation
Photo Credits: We Are Village
LFW DAY 4
SHOWS: Sophia Webster, Aspinal of London, Alexa Chung
LOCATION: Somerset House, Claridges, Hoxton
WIW: 80's Revamped - Pink head to toe was a continuation of my favourite summer trend but with an 80's twist! I am endorsing the new way to style a scarf with this look, let me know what you think in the comments box below!
OUTFIT: Blouse: H&M x Balmain | Trouser: Miss Selfridge | Belt: Ralph Lauren | Handbag: Marie DeLaRoche | Scarf: Urban Outfitters | Shoes: Italian Boutique
MY FAVOURITE SHOW: Though I had an amazing day overall, the Sophia Webster presentation was really special, perhaps because I am a huge fan of her footwear! The presentation was held in the beautiful setting of Somerset House and as you walk in it is just amazing to see the models sitting in life sized picture frames and wearing the most stunning footwear! The pianist played some popular chart toppers, which added an extra dimension to the breathtaking display. I loved the colourful quirky styles on display but my favourite pieces had to be the cheeky handbags, one which I wanted for myself was shaped as a teapot and another had the caption 'chickflix and frills'! Keep an eye out for the SS18 collection display in Per Lei couture later this year.
Photo Credits: DM Official Photographer
 
Sophia Webster SS18 Presentation
Photo Credits: Sophia Webster 
LFW DAY 5
SHOW: Palmer Harding
LOCATION: Southampton Row
WIW: 'Sport-luxe' and channeling an East meets West fusion! I was inspired by this cheongsam dress print and wanted to deconstruct it from the traditional use, so I wore it with a leather jacket and sporty leggings!
OUTFIT: Dress: From Portobello market | Jacket: All Saints | Leggings: Zara | Shoes: Calvin Klein | Handbag: Ralph Lauren | Earrings: Heidi Severino
MY FAVOURITE SHOW: This was my last show of fashion week and it was truly unique, set in a rustic building which had high ceilings and dark ambiance. After seeing a handful of Instagram fashion icons such as Susie Bubble, Caroline Issa and Camille Charriere the lights came on for the show and it was very dramatic! Known as 'the shirt boys' Palmer Harding have created some of the most coveted shirt styles, worn in layers with dramatic volumes, especially the dresses, can I just have one of each please?
Palmer Harding SS18 Presentation 
Photo Credits: Palmer Harding 
QUICK FASHION WEEK TAKEAWAY
NEXT SEASONS COLOURS: Dark orange or mustard like, purple, forties blue.
NEXT SEASON'S TRENDS (SS18): Sport luxe, 60'S, one shoulder looks, high-low hemlines, waist cinchers, voluminous skirts, sporty jackets, shirting, coloured boots.
ACCESSORIES: Chokers, elevated socks with heels, bold chunky jewels.
SPECIAL THANKS TO: Per Lei Couture and Grazia Arabia 
PHOTOGRAPHY CREDITS: Ann Marie Haynes, DM Official Photographer
Malone Souliers SS18 Presentation
 Photo Credits: Malone Souliers 
Thank you for you time squaddies, feel free to leave me a comment to let me know your favourite looks, outfits and shows from London Fashion Week this season! Stay tuned for a more in-depth account of my London Fashion Week experience which is going to be featured in Grazia Arabia next month!


Comments

Post a Comment