Down To Business: Style Tips to Try Out Fall's Hottest New Trend
Let me kick off the season by talking about Fall /Winter's coolest trend: Mixing the old with the new, referred to by Elle magazine as the 'The Chronological Mash-Up'.
Think 1950's, 1970's, or even the naughties statement pieces being worn with a 2019 aesthetic. The idea is to wear old/vintage style clothes with XL proportions, statement accessories and a 'more is more' approach.
Here are my top style tips to try out this hot new trend right now:
- Try mixing a bit of old with the new, for example, the jacket style that I am wearing is from the 80's era worn with a bright monotone POP of red.
- Don't look back at the vintage clothing without looking at the influence of the style icons during that era. One of my favorite style icons include Audrey Hepburn from the 1950's.
- Remember the year 2000? Well for those of us who do, the fashion from Y2K is now being considered as vintage so it's time to bring back those halternecks.
- Use TV and film character references for creating your looks. We all remember what The Matrix film wardrobe was like, right? Black leather is SO hot right now.
- Accessories are key! Think of the colour shades from the 1970's era mixed with a pair of 2019's sneakers trend as a style mashup.
- Layer it on! Wear statement shoulders from the 1980's with some vintage brooches and this season's totally wearable culottes trend.
Epitomizing the ESCADA WOMAN who is sophisticated and elegant whilst expressing herself as she chooses. I have used the 1980's as the inspiration for the oversized blazer, worn with this Fall's hottest pop-colour (to add that 2019 touch). The full outfit is available from Escada's Fall/ Winter collection from Bin Yousef Fashion in Mall of Qatar.
Below are my outfit details:
Outfit: Blazer, blouse and trousers and handbag are from ESCADA.
Shoes: Chanel mules
Hairclips: Locally sourced in Doha.
In collaboration with: